Thursday, June 07, 2007

Flock of Geese

Driving home from the store the other day with my sons, Caleb and Sam, we saw a flock of geese crossing 795. We had to stop for them to cross the road and thankfully they all crossed safely. It was a neat sight to see, the family of geese. There were many fuzzy young geese in the middle of the pack being lead by their attentive moms and dads. Following up the back of the pack were a few adult geese hurrying the baby geese along as quickly as possible.

I pointed out the geese to the boys and they were so interested and excited to watch them. I said, "Look, boys, it is a flock of geese." Sam, of course, eagerly asked, "What is a flock, Mom?" I said, "It is a gaggle, or a group of birds walking on the ground." He responded, "Ah, yes, a gaggle is a flock." I thought to myself, Sam will remember that one, it is in the "vault" as Lee and I say about him.

Then there were Caleb's remarks. In his quirkiest laugh, he giggled with delight and said the word flock over and over. He thought the word flock was so funny. I wondered just why it was so amusing and asked him. He replied, "Mom, it's an AFFFLLLOOOCK, just like that commercial." Caleb remembered the AFLACK commercials where the duck is involved in some crazy scheme and runs around squawking, "AAFFLAACK!" It think it is Caleb's favorite commercial. I thought that was pretty funny!

No comments: