Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Gearing Up for BTS

Every summer I wonder how the summer flew by so fast. This year is no different. Now we are paying school fees, buying school supplies and stocking up on favorite foods for lunches. Sam and Caleb will be riding the bus together for the first time this year. Sam will be in second grade and Caleb will be in kindergarten. Caleb is quite excited to ride a bus. It is all he talks about. I just hope he gets off the bus okay. He will not be in the same building as Sam, so Caleb has to get off the bus at the first unloading and Sam stays on and goes to a different school. I am sure it will work out fine.

We went shopping for back packs and lunch boxes the other day. It was buy a back pack and get a lunch box free. Sam has a Bakugon back pack and a Pokemon lunch box. Caleb has a Transformers back pack and Bakugon lunch box. I am sure I will not get it straight when I have to make lunches. Poke-Baku what? Whatever happened to easy stuff like Spiderman or Batman. I can tell them apart just fine.

Joah is in a uproar because I would not buy him a backpack. Well, dear son, if you would stop pooping in your pants and actually become potty trained maybe you could go to school. But, no, you refuse to cooperate (typical Joah style) and, therefore, you cannot go to school like the other kids do. So, quit your crying and moping about it to me because this lady isn't listening.

I don't have one iota of sympathy that you don't have a new backpack. I have been trying to get you ready for preschool and potty trained for six months to no avail. There is NO making Joah do what Joah does not want to do. I have learned that the hard way. My word that kid is stubborn and bull headed. Where does he GET that?

So, the countdown continues with only a few days left until the fresh and shiny new school year begins. I am just glad I don't have to drive anyone anywhere this year. Maybe it is a blessing in disguise that Joah won't pee in a toilet. I can send Caleb and Sam to school on the bus. I don't have to get four kids up and ready and loaded and drag them all in with me to take someone to preschool. Not until next year when Joah goes to preschool...maybe. If he ever decides to get rid of the diaper. I guess he probably won't go to the prom wearing it.

No comments: